Friday, November 28, 2014

More Black Friday Thoughts

I’m thinking of writing a book; sort of a sequel to Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury’s novel of a dystopian future, in which people don’t read books, have closer relationships to characters in ‘reality’ shows they watch on wall-sized televisions than to those around them, drive too fast, compulsively consume whatever products they’re told to, and listen numbly and uncomprehendingly to stories of unending foreign wars. 

This book should just about write itself. 


I think I’ll call it Black Friday.  


My approach to Black Friday is similar to the one I take with NASCAR; I have no interest in actually attending an event, or watching it start to finish; but I look forward to highlights of the carnage on the news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment