Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tom Cole - (R) OK

I don't make a habit of giving advice to congressional Republicans (at least nothing longer than three to five words – including the f-bomb).  And I am enjoying the clown car thing they've been doing ... 

But, there are serious issues that need to be addressed promptly, and maturely; so I suggest that they close the doors to the clown-car, ignore the fools and the fire-eaters, and select Tom Cole to lead them until the next election.  

I'm not saying that I agree with Representative Cole on much.  I've heard him speak on a couple of occasions, and we differ on most issues.  But he is educated, intelligent, moderate (at least by the standards of the current crop of elected Republicans).  He speaks in complete sentences, and doesn't lean on derogatory insults of his opponents to make his point.  

Sadly, most of these characteristics probably make him unelectable to  leadership in the Republican caucus.  And I'm sure he would prefer to remain upwind from this anyway, so it would be a feat to even get him to toss his hat into the ring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment