Monday, August 1, 2011

Talking Heads and Smart-Asses

I tried to watch some of the Sunday morning Talking Head programs, but got nauseated and had to switch off the tee-vee.

Grover Norquist was sitting at the table with Paul Krugman, Christiane Amanpour, and George Will. He seemed to assume that since ABC had seated him there, he was Krugman’s equal.

He’s not.

Norquist was just squirming in his seat with delight at the mockery they had made of the Democrats and the legislative process, with the debt-extension 'compromise'; while Krugman was trying to explain the human and economic price we will all pay for this travesty.

Norquist is a nasty, squatty, smart-ass, smarmy little troll! When I was a kid, I used to thump on people like him for practice – just to stay loose for the people I really wanted to fight. You really don’t even get a ‘W’ for beating up somebody like him – just the gratitude of the other kids on the playground, and a trip to the principal’s office.

I’m not proud of that. It was just something I did because somebody needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment